|It makes a lot!|
Yields: 20 cups of chili
Total Time: 50 mins.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cooking Time: 35 mins.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds lean ground turkey meat
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 3 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn
- 2 cans mushrooms (or a few cups fresh mushrooms)
- 2 (680 mL / 23 Fl. oz) cans tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (or dried...just add to the chili during cooking instead of after)
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add turkey,onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in kidney beans, black beans, corn, mushrooms and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with fresh parsley.
Store in individual containers and freeze for future meals!
Nutritional Information (based on 1 cup of chili):
- 210 calories
- 23g carbs
- 22g protein
- 5g fat
- 5g sugar
- 7g fibre
I eat 2 cups at a time hehe ;)