Clean Ground Beef Stew
1 lb lean ground beef (organic if possible)
2-3 sliced celery stalks
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp basil
1 tsp parsley
1 can (15 oz) diced stewed tomatoes
2 cups (16 oz) low sodium beef or vegetable broth
2 cups chunked new potatoes
Optional: red pepper flakes!
- Brown 1 onion and 1 lb lean ground beef (organic if possible). You shouldn't need to add oil. Drain excess fat.
- Add 2-3 sliced celery stalks, 1 cup chopped carrots, 1 cup sliced mushrooms and continue to sauté briefly with 1 tsp of the following suggested seasonings (use whatever you like): sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, and parsley.
- Add 1 can (14.5 oz) diced stewed tomatoes (run it through the blender first if you or your family don't like chunks) and 2 cups (16 oz) of low sodium beef or vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil, add 2 cups chunked new potatoes and reduce to high simmer for about 30 minutes or until veggies are fork tender.
- LIKE IT SPICY? Add red pepper flakes!