Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
Yield: 12 servings, 1 cup each
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 thin slice fresh ginger, peeled, grated
10 cups cubed butternut squash (about 3½ lbs.)
1 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. yellow curry powder
6 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
1 cup coconut milk
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion, garlic, and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft and fragrant.
3. Add squash, salt, and curry powder; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
4. Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until squash is soft.
5. Place soup in a blender or food processor, in small batches; cover with lid and kitchen towel. Blend until smooth.
6. Place blended soup back into saucepan. Add coconut milk; cook, over medium heat, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
Tip: Blend small batches of hot liquids in blender or food processor since they expand during the blending process, therefore increasing the chance of overflowing.