So instead of throwing it out, I decided to try something with it by cooking it up. Low and behold...it's super tasty now!
Here's what I did (it's super simple and took about 5 minutes since I already had the Chinese cabbage chopped up):
• a head of Chinese cabbage cut up
• 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil
• sea salt (I used an Epicure garlic and sea salt grinder mix I had, but you could use minced garlic or garlic powder if that's what you have!)
• Take out a pan and put the heat just above medium.
• Add the coconut oil to the pan and heat it up.
• Add some garlic and sea salt...not too much—just start it off with a moderate amount.
• Add the Chinese cabbage and keep mixing it up for about 3-5 minutes until it starts to look limp, but don't overcook it!
• Taste it and see if you should add more salt/garlic...whatever tastes good to you!
• Remove from heat and eat!
• Store the remainder in a container in the fridge and heat it up later for some other meal.
You could basically do this with any vegetables. The coconut oil gives it a buttery taste AND coconut oil is really healthy for you, helping you to feel full and not want to eat as quickly after you've eaten. Yum.