So instead of throwing it out, I decided to try something with it by cooking it up. Low and behold...it's super tasty now!
Here's what I did (it's super simple and took about 5 minutes since I already had the Chinese cabbage chopped up):
• a head of Chinese cabbage cut up
• 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil
• sea salt (I used an Epicure garlic and sea salt grinder mix I had, but you could use minced garlic or garlic powder if that's what you have!)
• Take out a pan and put the heat just above medium.
• Add the coconut oil to the pan and heat it up.
• Add some garlic and sea salt...not too much—just start it off with a moderate amount.
• Add the Chinese cabbage and keep mixing it up for about 3-5 minutes until it starts to look limp, but don't overcook it!
• Taste it and see if you should add more salt/garlic...whatever tastes good to you!
• Remove from heat and eat!
• Store the remainder in a container in the fridge and heat it up later for some other meal.
You could basically do this with any vegetables. The coconut oil gives it a buttery taste AND coconut oil is really healthy for you, helping you to feel full and not want to eat as quickly after you've eaten. Yum.
yum! Good way of using up old cabbage... and smells good too!ReplyDelete